Wednesday 29 November 2017

Nutrition: Recipes: Protein Flourless Banana pancakes

Hello my friends!

Welcome back to my blog. Today I'm gonna share with you one of my beloved recipes. Pancakes have always been one of my most favourite options for breakfast (or snack), as I love everything about them, their texture, their taste, how easy-to-make they are. The idea was to increase their nutritional value and adjust them properly in order to fit my lifestyle, macros, needs but still be delicious and satisfying. That's the main reason I experiment in the kitchen, trying healthier alternatives of all the foods I love. 

*Heavy Breathing*


Meow❤
During the past years I've tried the combo "mashed banana+ a whole egg" to create them. It worked out (partly) but I was not really pleased with the taste, it was just neutral, plus I had a hard time making a consistent mixture without a blender leading to disasters in the time of frying. (Not to mention the amount of fat needed to ensure they wouldn't stuck on the pan).

After some experiments, I concluded to my most favourite alternative, according to taste, nutritiousness and texture, which is presented below.




For 2 medium fluffy pancakes you will need:

  • 1 medium to large banana
  • Egg whites ( I used pasteurized eggwhites in carton box so I'm not quite sure about how many eggs you would need. The quantity I used was around 100mL)
  • 1/2 scoop WHEY Protein (around 15gr)
  • 2tbsp of oats
  • Cinnamon
Ingredients I used for topping my pancakes:

  • 2tsp of peanut butter (1 was used for frying the pancakes and the second one was used as a topping)
  • 1tsp of honey
  • 1 medium orange (sliced)
  • Cinnamon

Instructions



Step 1: Mash the banana with a fork, add the egg whites and try to make a consistent mixture.




This fork is a LEGEND. I used it to eat my meals when I was
2-3  years old. And yes I still use it.
😂
























Step 2: Add the cinnamon, oats and protein powder.





Step 3: Add 1 teaspoon of peanutbutter on medium to low heat pan and fry your pancakes.

Tip: I put the entire "dough" in the pan to form one Large pancake instead of making two separate to use the volume and make it thicker. I divided it afterwards with a knife. 



Final Result:

Yum yum yum ❤



That's it! Pretty easy to go, wasn't it? Whenever I choose these pancakes to start my day, I feel really excited, my mood is uplifted and I stay energized for a long time. 
I highly recommend trying this recipe for breakfast, as a snack or even to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying on point with you diet. 
Feel free to contact me for any suggestion you'd like to see displayed here or share with me your favourite treats and photos.
 Have a wonderful week and take care!

Much love,
Irina



CONTACT INFORMATION



Emails :
&
Facebook page : 
click here

Twitter :
click here

Skype :

irina.alexopoulou

Instagram :

Pinterest :





No comments:

Post a Comment