Saturday 2 December 2017

Nutrition: Recipes: Spicy Chicken Oats

Welcome back crazy froggie❤

Today I'm sharing a savoury recipe I tried recently for the first time. The story behind it is that I combined ingredients I consume almost on a daily basis in a way to fix a gap on my macro nutrients some days ago. I carefully calculated the carbs, fibers, protein and fats I needed to consume on a specific meal, checked out my cupboards and decided to give it a try with all I had available at that time. I was so pleased with it that I gave it another try some days later with some extras which transformed it to my new hit, diving straight into my top list. ❤
The taste of this dish was 10 times more divine than its looks. I will call it SCO after the initials Spicy Chicken Oats from now on. The second time I made this recipe (when SCO was invented) I literally used leftovers, so thumbs up for an extra bonus of not wasting any food.✌


Ingredients used for 1 portion:

  • 1 portion of skinless boiled chicken breast (leftovers)
  • 60gr of boiled broccoli ( you can use as much as you want - this is just what was left )
  • 1 hard boiled egg
  • 20gr of feta cheese (the last piece, you can understand how sad my fridge was....👀)
  • 150mL of lactose free milk
  • 3 tbsp of oats

Spices used:

  • Black pepper
  • Curry
  • Garlic
  • Sweet paprika
  • 1 pinch of salt
Instructions

Put a large pan on medium to high heat and start warming up the chicken breast (cut in cubes), do not use any fat. When the chicken gets a little bronze colour add the milk and reduce the heat a bit. Add all the spices and when the milk starts boiling it's time for the oats to enter the show. 👌Start stirring until the mixture gets thicker but not dry. Chop the broccoli, cheese and egg in small cubes, blend them all together with the oat mix and let it sit for 2 minutes on low heat to help the cheese melt. Garnish with some extra black pepper and Voila!




This dish is a basic combination which can be enriched by all your favourite ingredients, maybe carrots, potato, peppers, onion or even bacon/turkey/mushrooms depending on your own preference. I had so much fun experimenting with this dish and I hope you will let your creative self out and give it a shot the way it is or altered to your own tastes! Feel free to share your shots with me ❤😁
Find all my contact info below. Till next update, keep creating, dreaming and smiling!
Hugs❤,
Irina😻



CONTACT INFORMATION



Emails :
&
Facebook page : 
click here

Twitter :
click here

Skype :

irina.alexopoulou

Instagram :

Pinterest :


No comments:

Post a Comment